Sunday, July 22, 2007

Almost a year...




I can't believe we've been here for almost a year. Time has certainly flown. We knew that the yard was going to be a massive under-taking. When we moved in you could still see the squares from where the sod was laid...in 2001!!!! We knew for sure that we'd have to resod. Luckily, we've had lots of rain and some help from the folks at Chem Lawn, so the grass has been revived. In November we planted tiny Indian Hawthorne plants that have now quadrupled in size and they will only continue to get bigger. We didn't want to do much else to the yard until we had the grass fully established. Well, we decided that the time had come to get 'r done. We planted monkey grass, a crepe myrtle, two Texas Mountain Laurels and lots of pretty pink, purple and white vinca. The vinca will be replaced with pansies when it gets cooler. For now, I just exhale every time I look at the yard. What a difference a year makes!!!

No comments: