Sunday, August 12, 2007

Goin' back to Bush Country!

We decided that a year was too long and that we needed to go back to Midland for a visit. We had such a great time!!! Luke got to have his first Jumburrito, but I think he was more impressed with the stickers than the food!

We got there on Thursday and immediately went to see Carol and Gary (AKA Grandmommy and Grandaddy). Luke had a ball in their back yard and really wanted to go swimming right then. He couldn't, but he did have a good time throwing every single one of the pool balls in the water! Then we checked in at Casa Green :-) We always enjoy spending time with the Greens! Kellye and I taught together at Goddard and her family sorta became our family. Rance, Kellye, Cooper and Madison hadn't seen Luke in a year. I think Sadie the weenie dog and the two cats were more annoyed than anything. Luke hadn't ever seen a dog his size and the only cat he'd ever been around doesn't like people, so stays hidden. He had a ball in their pool and I think that he will be missing Cooper and "Ma-adison" for a long time. Carol and I went to Manor Park so that I could sing for Mimi and her rowdy crowd. Mimi just turned 95 in June, and what a pistol she is!!! I love Mimi!! We got to see our friends, and Luke's Godparents, the Kings and their new baby who was born just last week. That was certainly a treat. Sunday I sang at church and I can say with absolute honesty that it felt like I was home. It was so nice to look out and see all the familiar faces that made Midland so great for 5 years. After lunch with the Greens, the Halls and the Adams Family, we piled in and made the 6 hour drive back to P'ville. I definitely won't be waiting a year to go back again. My cup certainly got filled this weekend. It was nice to go back home :-)

No comments: