We are knocking on the door of Spring Break and I am wondering how that is possible since it seems like just yesterday was Christmas. We are enjoying time in the backyard with the gorgeous weather and we are looking forward to all the fun things spring will bring. Luke is playing soccer and he is super excited.
Clay is getting so big. He enjoys taking his brother to school int he morning and it melts my heart when he says, "Buh Bye Bubba! I waff hew!" as Luke gets out of the car. He misses him while he is at school and can't wait for him to return each afternoon so they can play. He loves to sing and it's funny to listen to him first thing in the mornings while he sings "Jesus Loves Me" at the top of his lungs. Who needs an alarm clock when you have Clay? He is still receiving services for OT and Development. We bumped his OT sessions back up to twice a month. Dropping back to once a month was too much of a decrease and I was starting to see some regression. I think we've found the right balance for all of us and he is making great strides. He's had some colds and other illness which set him back a little bit, but other than that, he's doing quite well. Poor monkey got his first set of stitches last weekend. He fell off the bed and banged his lip on our nightstand and ended up with four stitches in his bottom lip. It was quite traumatic for all of us, but hopefully his scars - the emotional ones as well as the physical ones - will be minimal.
Trent is traveling less which is great news for all of us! My favorite time of the day is when Daddy walks through the door in the evenings and we sit down as a family for dinner. The boys have such a great relationship with their dad and it is truly a joy to laugh with all of them at the dinner table. It's what I always dreamed my family would be like.
I will be singing the alto solo for Mozart's Requiem with the Fort Bend Symphony at the end of the month. My church choir is the guest choir for the symphony's spring concert and I'm so honored to have the opportunity to sing the solo. I first sang Mozart's Requiem with the Texas All State Choir my senior year in high school. I'm somewhat impressed that I practiced a piece of music so much from May of 1993 to February of 1994 that I can still sing my part, as well as most of the other parts from memory. You'd think that my brain would have dumped that to make room for more pertinent and relevant information, but it's still there. If you're in town March 26, make plans to attend. You can buy tickets online at www.fbso.org
No comments:
Post a Comment