Monday, August 22, 2011

Shine on Us

If you've never heard "Shine on Us" I would encourage you to stop doing what you're doing right now and google "Avalon Shine on Us." It is a beautiful song that has been a source of inspiration for me for the past 15 years. So much so, that it was sung at our wedding and I have it on my walking/running playlist as the first song. It is my own personal daily prayer.

You can imagine how thrilled I was when I was asked to sing it with Don Smith, our Senior Pastor, and David Galasso, my choir director, on a very big day in the life of our church. On August 21 we added an additional worship service, but it was also the day we blessed the backpacks and prayed for special blessings upon our teachers and students.

A huge thanks to one of our "church photographers" for sending me the pictures!





Left to right: Don Smith, Yours Truly, and David Galasso. They called me "The Rose Between Two Thorns." HA!!

My greatest blessings.

1 comment:

Shannon and Jim Lucas said...

So do you have audio and or video of you singing this? I'd love to hear/see it!!

Love ya,
Shan