Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Easter

Easter was a quiet affair this year...nothing like the big family gathering we had last year, but it came with some of its own pleasant surprises.


The Easter Bunny brought the boys Angry Birds beach towels, the movie "Hop" and books!

Sunday morning the boys were thrilled with their loot and we all got ready for worship.  It was a strange thing to not be in the choir loft for the first time in nearly 12 years on Easter Sunday, but I did enjoy sitting with my family in the pew!


My handsome men


Brothers!


I think this might be one of my most favorite pictures ever.  


I'm bummed that this picture is blurry, but I have to include it!  This is my Aunt Naomi and Uncle Totsy (his real name is Caton, but I will never call him that.  To me he'll always be Totsy!).  Uncle Totsy is my mom's brother and there was something so special about standing next to him and singing hymns in church.  I truly miss my mom and my grandparents, so having him with me felt like I had a bigger piece of them with me.


Our neighbors joined us for worship and we joined them after for brunch!



You can see that it was pretty bright on the car ride home.  Luke asked to borrow Daddy's shades.



 Not to be outdone, Clay had to borrow Mommy's shades.


After church we headed over to the Connor's house for brunch and an egg hunt!  The beautiful redheads are Avery and Ella.  My boys LOVE these girls (and I kinda think they're neat, too!)

We had a wonderful day with each other.  I love the hope that Easter brings and the feeling of renewal, expectation, and triumph.  HE IS RISEN!

No comments: